Alienware M11x – Don’t call it a ‘netbook’
Alienware, the guys who have always been known to create drool-worthy Desktops and Laptops, has a bone to pick with all of those namby-pamby netbooks out there. Revealed at CES, the M11x, the little brother to the M17x, aims to be the ultra-portable, sub-thousand dollar gaming rig for the gamer on the go. And the best part? You no longer have to curtail your gaming tastes in order to get a great gaming experience. That, and it looks as bad ass as every other product that comes out of the Alienware team.
Here are some factoids about the new laptop (via Gizmodo.com)
• 6 1/2 hours of battery life (battery mode)
• 2 hours of “intense gaming”
• that gaming mode will come courtesy of a faster NVIDIA GPU, which you can switch to in seconds and which does not require a restart or logging out
• Video out via DisplayPort, HDMI, and VGA
• 3D mark scores in 6-7k range
• 50FPS Crysis, 30FPS Call of Duty on High Settings
• Under $1000
The M11x is expected to launch sometime later this year. PC gaming dead? Don’t make the M11x angry…you won’t like it when it’s angry.